Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Uncouth Behaviour on Public Buses

On two occasions, namely 3 weeks ago and today, I saw a handful of pupils from a elite primary school near Ghim Moh. I had been on bus 92 on my way to MOELC and this group of pupils were behaving in a very uncivilized way at the back of the bus.

3 weeks ago, these pupils were all eating finger food in the bus. Then, they cleaned thier hands onto the seat of the bus. also, they were shouting and standing up in thier seats to talk to thier friends behind or in front. They managed to slip out quite a number of vulgarities which I shall not name.

Today, I saw two of the pupils from the same group rest their long, fat legs across the aisle and onto the opposite seat, almost tripping me and my friends. They too spoke many vulgarities LOUDLY and no doubt caused many passengers to be uneasy. Many people were staring at them.

These pupils reflect very badly on thier school which has a good reputation. But after this incident, I don't think this school is really good after all. Thier students are uncouth and rude and have no respect for public property. They also have difficulty in following simple rules like "no eating or drinking on the bus".

I shall not name the school but you very well know what school it is.

Those "Parkers" have brought a bad name upon thier school.

Thank you

6 comments:

ryan said...

Well, I do agree with your thinking but how old are these students? The only elite school I know of near Ghim Moh is Henry Park Primary. Sometimes these students just want to have fun as they most likely can only be together after school.
hahas.

chen jia hua martin said...

Samuel,
I am sorry that you have to take the same bus as these 'parkers' and at the same time be subjected to their bad behaviour and the uneasiness that came with it. We do not understand why some pupils choose to behave this way but please do not let this small group of students form your opinion about the school they come from. I am sure there are also good and outstanding pupils from that school that you have yet to meet.

martin

Anonymous said...

I fell that these pupis are being very inconsiderate to the members of the public. As their senior, you should have gone up to them and immediately put a stop to their unruly behaviour. I think that these pupils ought to be reprimanded and taught a lesson. This type of behaviour is untolerable and these students have inconvenieced many others. Btw, what school is it?

Anonymous said...

Being together and having fun does not, I repeat DOES NOT give you the right to break laws and scold vulgarities in public buses.

Susan said...

I feel that children or teenagers tend to behave out of line when they are in big groups because they have too much fun together. They are too self centered as well. But of course, rationally speaking, those students shouldn't be a representation of the school cos not every student behaves like this. However sad to say, people do pass judgments just like that.

Samuel Ng said...

BTW, I had a classmate who was in primary school who transferred from this school. He was very egoistic and selfish.

Once, Ryan Tia (my good friend) asked him to help him hold and share a box of onion rings. When Tia went away, that guy thought that the whole box was his and refused to share it with anyone else. HE CRIED after that.