Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Deserved Respect or Annoying Privelage?

Guai Kia: Teachers in Hwa Chong should be given the respect they deserve. Teachers are busy people, they should be allowed to cut the queue to get their food first.

Ah Beng : They not even busy one lor, if you ask me, we are more busy okay? You know arh, last time I queue up for food at the noodle store, then suddenly got a lot of techers come and cut queue. Actually I only to wait for 3 more minutes one, but then those teachers made me wait to 15 minute more. in the end I was late for assembly, got 1 demerit point nia!

Guai Kia : Really? Even so, they should be allowed to cut the queue. After all, they are our elders!

This is a typical conversation showing two sides of the story. This is in fact a real argument in HCI today. Recently I heard some people complaining about this controversial rule. True, teachers should be given the respect they deserve, but should'nt students be given respect too?

Teachers may not always be in a rush. Perhaps they only want to get their food quickly so that they can go to the staff room to rest/mark work. Or perhaps they are rushing to their next class. But let us think logically, if a student's recess/period is 40 minutes, naturally a teacher's break should also be 40 minutes. Thus it is not fair for the student to wait longer for food than teachers who are equally busy.

I personally have the same experience as Ah Beng in the conversation. Thus, I feel that teachers should not cut the queue and cause students who possibly waited to 10 minutes to wait an extra 10 minutes. Thus, I feel that teachers should use this privelage unless they are in a hurry.

Thank You

No comments: